Wednesday, June 6, 2012

EXCITING NEWS!!!!!

Today, I accepted a job offer for a FIRST grade teaching position in the Houston area! I am so excited! I did my student teaching in the 1st grade and absolutely loved it! I cannot wait to start decorating my classroom...I'm thinking about doing a jungle/safari theme! Any ideas? I was brainstorming all last night!

If you have any tips/suggestions for first year teachers please share!! :)

14 comments:

Johannah Sirois said...

Congratulations!! 1st grade is a great grade to have. They are so cute at that age! =)

Jen S. said...

WOOOHOOOO! Congrats! I'm so happy for you Christa! :)

One of the teachers at the school where I worked did safari/jungle theme, and I remember she did the black and white zebra borders on the big bulletin boards in her room, and then she used kelly green for the main color of paper to cover all of the bulletin board before she put stuff on it. Hope that makes sense! It looked real cute! Then I think she used hot pink and yellow too to add other colors. All real bright colors and it looked good. Wish I could remember more of what it looked like. I do know though it looked real cute!
Congrats again!

Erica said...

Congratulations!!! I love first grade!!!

Tami said...

Congratulations Christa! That is such awesome news! First grade was my absolute favorite when I taught!

Jenn W said...

congrats! congrats! congrats!!!!
that is super exciting news. the safari theme sounds so fun, a teacher in the school where i student taught had a classroom that theme and it was the cutest classroom ever.
for ideas-- PINTEREST. are you on there already?

Anonymous said...

Congrats that is exciting news!

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! So excited for you!

Kristen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How exciting for you!!!!

Leslie said...

Congratulations!! I am SO excited for you!!

Larissa said...

Congratulations!!!!!That is wonderful news.

Savanah said...

That's awesome!! What district will you be in? I'm a school nurse in Houston ISD! If you'll be living here full time you'll have to come out to some of our Houston meet ups!!!

Tales from the Trails said...

How did I miss this!!!! Congratulations girl!!! You will love first grade they are so fun.

Every 1st grade teacher needs a blingy "Wild about 1st grade" shirt : )
You already have some great ideas.

Heather said...

Congratulations on the teaching job!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How exciting!