Thursday, July 14, 2011

Taking the Boat Out and High School Flashbacks!

My dad is finally the proud owner of a new truck and a boat! This past weekend we took his boat out for the first time! My dad was so nervous about putting it in the water for the first time. Everything went great except for him almost falling overboard, haha!






Sunday my mom and I cleaned out my room for when I move back home next month. It was a mess....I had fun going through some of my old stuff though!

Did y'all ever collect Hollister/Abercrombie bags with the hot/shirtless guys on the front? Back in high school the "cool" thing to do was to cut out the picture and then hang the bag up on your wall. My mom and I were cracking up when we found these bags in my closet. We even found a life size cut out.


One tradition at my high school was for the Senior Girls to make Senior Overalls for football game days. I remember having so much fun decorating my overalls!

11 comments:

Brittany said...

HAHAHA loving the overalls!!!

Ashley said...

Girl, Abercrombie bags were the big deal back then! I love it! I think my wall was covered in those cuties on the bags! Jeez..now you can walk right in and see the dudes with no shirts on standing at the entrance of the store.

Rebekah said...

The boat looks like so much fun! Haha, the overalls are hilarious. Such fun memories. I didn't collect any bags, but my sister did!

Anonymous said...

what high school did you go to? i read your blog and notice you are from the woodlands area. i went to conroe high and overalls was a tradition there too! that so funny to look back on old stuff:)

Lana said...

The boat looks like so much fun!!

Jen S. said...

Ha ha haaaa those bags crack me up! Jeven loves both Hollister and Abercrombie so we have lots of those bags around--too funny :)

Your bibs are so super cute! We never thought of anything cool like that in High School!

Leslie said...

I love that overall decorating idea!! how fun!
And my closet is home to a TON of a&f and hollister bags... I thought I was SO cool in HS!! hahaha!!!

Kelley said...

Congrats on all your new stuff! Going down memory lane is fun!

XXX said...

The overalls are too cute! What a great memory.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ohh those overalls, bahaha yes mam!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I totally collected the A&F bags… that was so the cool thing to do in middle school. Why, I’m not too sure, haha.
At my high school, we had “spirit pants”… we’d decorate old jeans and wear them to football games. It was a big tradition for girls. So funny how many different traditions there are at different schools.