Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The River, 4th of July, and Casino Trip!!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in forever! I had a busy week last week. The weekend of the fourth I went with my mom to San Marcos to stay with my cousin Caitlin. Cait's mom also came up for the weekend. We had so much fun floating the river. The water felt amazing. I'm glad that my friend Kimberly was able to meet up with us! Thank god I didn't flip my tube!

On Sunday I went to Kyle's for his big 4th of July party out by his pool.  It was fun meeting all of his family. I was pretty nervous about meeting everyone....I'm glad I survived! : ) Haha!

Literally right after we got back from the party my parents called and said they were thinking about going to Louisiana to go gambling! The Resort/Casino we always stay at just opened up a poker room that my mom wanted to try out. I jumped on going gambling real quick! We left last Tuesday morning and stayed until Thursday. Kyle and I had been talking about going to the casino this summer so I'm glad we had the chance to go! We had a lot of fun playing craps and floating down the lazy river. I didn't have too much luck this trip but Kyle did. He won over $1000 - the first night we were there he had a really good hand when playing three card poker. I was a little jealous!



Lucky ass!!! : ) 



My friend Kristan joined a gym last week and I decided to sign up for a 7 day free trail pass. I have really enjoyed the classes. So far I have been to the Body Combat, BodyPump, and Body Attack classes. I have been sore but hopefully that's a good thing!

Have a great afternoon! : )

7 comments:

Lana said...

Sounds like you've been having fun!! I want to go to a casino one day!

Anonymous said...

GRR soooo jealous that you got to float the river... at this rate, I'll never get to float my hometown river this year. Stupid Washington weather :(

Sounds like you've been having a great time away from blogger though ;)

Jenn W said...

it always looks like you and your BF have so much fun together! luckkky him for winning that $$$ - he can spend some on you ;)

Ashley said...

I have missed reading your blog!!!!

Those gym classes sound tough. BUT FUN!!!! My gym doesn't have those classes. We only have boot camp, group power, and things like that.

Congrats to your BF for winning some cash! I NEVER win any money when it comes to gambling!

Jen S. said...

Hi sweet Christa~
Glad you're having such a fun summer! Sounds like you are going so many cool places! That's awesome Kyle got so lucky! Woohoooo!

Anonymous said...

I just got back from Vegas a week ago and I was excited that I won $11. lol. I can't imagine winning $1,000.

Nicole said...

I missed something! Kyle!??! You guys are too cute! Sounds like a great trip =D