Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shoo Fly Go Away and Frozen Gramwiches!

Last night Caitlin, Matt, Matt's brother, and me ventured out to Lake Bryan to go to Lakeside IceHouse that has a really nice patio overlooking the lake. I have been wanting to go to this place so I was so excited! However, it was a total let down! When we arrived the rude bar tender informed us that the only thing on the menu for the night was chicken sandwiches and burgers. We all ordered burgers that were literally ready within 3 minutes...I'm guessing that they had been sitting out. As we set down our food, flies start swarming our table. Not just a couple flies but like 20. People also had there wet sweaty dogs on the patio as well. We were disgusted! Looks like we won't be going back there! I was bummed out because I was looking forward to eating somewhere different! However, I did manage to take a pretty picture of the sunset!

***************************************************************************

I mentioned like over a month ago that every Wednesday I would do a "Weigh in Wednesday" post. Well...that did not happen. Since I'm out of school for the summer I have no excuse not to start exercising and eating healthy. I have been doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred...I like it so far! Yesterday I wet grocery shopping and bought a lot of healthy foods. I also found some recipes in The Biggest Loser Cookbook that I'm going try!


Tonight I cooked salmon and asparagus. I was disappointed in the salmon. It was kinda fishy! I bought the salmon at Wal-Mart so maybe that's why! Do y'all know any good salmon recipes that will take away the fishy taste? Or where do y'all buy salmon at?


But this dessert recipe from The Biggest Loser Cookbook was delish!!

Frozen Gramwiches! 

2 whole low-fat graham crackers 
1/4 cup light or fat-free frozen whipped topping

Break the crackers into 4 squares and spread the whipped topping on two of the crackers. Then place the other two crackers on top. Freeze for about 2 hours and then you have yourself a Frozen Gramwich! It's only 150 calories!

YUM!

Have a great night! :)

16 comments:

ty said...

omg, try chocolate graham crackers too ... they're like little samiches!

and for salmon, try a marinade of reduced-sodium soy sauce, garlic, ginger and eeoo. or throw some dill on it, and dip in in a mix of mayo, mustard and dill.

Tales from the Trails said...

My Cowboy said that if there is a fishy taste that it is not fresh. I always like salmon because it doesn't taste fishy. There is a packaged smoked salmon that we getat HEB and Krogers. I don't know the name but it is in a blue and gold packaging.

Messina Hof use to make a tapas at the Wine Bar. It was smoked salmon with avocados, fresh tomatoes, cream cheese and a raspberry vingerette. To die for.

Annie said...

i'm not a salmon eater and fishy taste just sounds icky!
the dessert sounds and looks delicious!!
best of luck with exercise and diet hun!! you can do it!!
keep us posted if you make some goodies from the recipe book!

Anonymous said...

Ahh that stinks about the restaurant y'all went to but that was a beautiful sunset....
The Gramwiches look delicious I will be trying those. Good luck on the shred, let me know how it goes I want to try it....

RN Mama said...

Mmmm...those gramwiches look amazing! I like Ty's idea of the chocolate grahm crackers too!

I've got no salmon suggestions, I only eat it at restaurants:)

Kelley said...

nI have done the graham crackers and it is good. Chocolate ones are good too.

Nicole said...

How lame of that place BUT what a beautiful pic! And way to go with the shred and eating healthy =D I love Hungry Girl Recipes they are really easy and the ingredients aren't cheap and foreign to the supermarket lol =D

Lindsey said...

I have got to try that with the crackers!! GREAT idea and sounds so tasty! Thanks for sharing!

Vanessa said...

Mmm I love Salmon. Though from Wally-World, I'd be scared. I avoid that place like the plague. We get ours from the grocery store, nothing special. I love putting seasoning on it or getting a marinade. Even lemon and pepper or lemon butter is good on top!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! What a neat one you have over here! Gig Em!!

Tiffany said...

I would guess the fishy taste is because its from Wal Mart...lets be honest their meat and seafood department isn't always the greatest. I always buy the individual frozen fish from Kroger and it seems great...If you lather it with lemon and wrap it in tin foil then throw it on the grill it comes out amazing!!!

The Wallace Family said...

Love the picture what a pretty sunset. I love that dessert so yummy and good for you on weight watchers too!

Anonymous said...

mmm def gotta try that gramwhich!! sounds and looks delicious :)

Heather said...

That stinks about the flies! I hate getting all excited about a new place only to be let down! These recipes sound good. About the salmon, how did you cook it? That could be part of the problem, also when buying fish, just in general, you want it to smell "fishy", that way you know it's fresh. Salmon is really good for you, try grilling it. Food network website has some really good recipes, especially under Tyler Florence and Giada. Fish can be tricky, I would say the best advice is just make sure it's fresh!!

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

We've been eating salmon a lot lately, too. I'm not the biggest fish fan, so I wasn't sure if I would like it. But we got Lawry's Caribbean Jerk Marinade and cook the salmon in the skillet and OMG it is SOOOOO good. I actually crave it. So, I highly sugguest the Caribbean Jerk marinade. It's good on all kinds of meats!

Larissa said...

A little bit of lemon juice when you are cooking it will help with the fishy taste. I recommend you try Tilipa. It doesn't have a fishy taste at all...But if you have to have salmon, never buy it from Wal-mart. Happy Cooking!