Friday, May 28, 2010

Why I ♥ Summer

This is what my afternoon consisted of....

Laying out by the pool...

Reading a good book by my favorite author...

And drinking a Happy Hour Strawberry Limeade from Sonic
Perfect Day!

Last night I started Jillian's 30 Day Shred. My legs are pretty sore today! Have y'all done Jillian's video before? Did you really see a difference in 30 days? 

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Do y'all have any plans?

23 comments:

Jordan said...

Sounds like the perfect Friday! Have a great weekend :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm reading that book too! I'm really liking it so far.

I have the 30 day shred...but I haven't had the time to do it which is awful! It is killer on the legs! I did it for a week and then have done it off and on the last 3 and I could tell a difference. If I stick with it, I know I'll see more results!

Tiffany said...

I read that book! I really liked it! Your day sounds about like mine...hope you enjoyed it!!!

Unknown said...

Ah perfect .. reasons I love summer as well!

Emily Giffin is my favorite author too! I enjoyed 'Love the One You're With.' You should definitely read her newest book 'Heart of the Matter' I actually met her at a book signing recently & blogged about it. http://theriseofanovelist.blogspot.com/2010/05/heart-of-matter-book-review.html

Enjoy your reading :]

Nicole said...

Oh that hooker Jillian! I have done the video for a few days and then I cry and stop lol Good Luck sister! and uhmm Summer!? Yes please!! The beach, the sun dresses, the flip flops oh yes! =D

Annie said...

oh i'm totally jealous!! i hope to be doing that same thing tomorrow!! ALL DAY!! i love laying out!

i have tried the shred a few different times, i've never made it to level 3 but i saw changes right away with level 2 although i was running a little as well.
i don't think i have ever heard of anyone doing the 30 day shred for 30 day complete days. although i think it's possible if you have the motivation!
best of luck to you hun!!! if you stick to it, you will see results for sure!!

Lori said...

What an awesome day! I love strawberry limeades too. :)

Anonymous said...

Perfect Day!
I haven't dont done the shred...You keep me posted on how it goes and I will probably check it out! Lord knows I need to do something..hehe!
Have a Blessed weekend!

Ashley said...

What a perfect day! I am hoping today shapes up a bit so I can head to the pool too!

Jillian Michaels videos are fabulous! I love the Shred!

RN Mama said...

Have you read Emily Giffin's newest book yet? I'm wondering how it is?

I've done the 30 Day Shred, but not for 30 days in a row. Let me tell you though, The Shred is hardcore!! You will be very very sore!

Heather said...

OOOh, your Friday sounded like the perfect day to me!!!

I'm thinking about reading Emily Giffin's books...are you liking them?

Claire @ Completely Claire said...

Emily is my fav author too! I am about to start her brand new book! I did 30 day shred last summer! I liked it...I just got bored after doing the same routine everyday! But I could see a difference! :)

Heather said...

Amen and Amen!!!! Sounds perfect! Especially the Sonic!

Summer said...

What a perfect Friday! I love Sonic's Cherry Limeades eeeeek Amazing! Oh and now taco bell has them and they are yummy to and I don't have to drive so far....

What a fab day by the pool!!
Hope you are having a great memorial day weekend
xoxo
Summer :0)

erica said...

Laying out by the pool... love it! I love how the 30 day shred makes me feel!!! I just came across your blog and absolutely love it!

you have a new follower!

xo enjoy your sunday!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That is TOTALLY my perfect day! Seriously. I just wish I had your sun so I could be in the pool as well as that Sonic drink :)

GiGi said...

You and your blog are just so cute. Nice toes!!! Gotta look cute by the pool
GapGirl

Tales from the Trails said...

What a great way to spend a summer day. I hope you are having a great weekend!!

dannyh said...

thanks for stopping by today! i love emily giffin :) looks like a great day--i plan to do that tomorrow!!

Julianne Hendrickson said...

Sorry!! "daniel" is my husband's email...i forgot to sign in under me :)

Katie said...

Christa ~ Looks like a perfect day to me! Ahhh...

You asked about the blog books...they are different prices depending on how many pages you have, but both of mine were approx. $100.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jealous! I'm sitting in my office at work and that view of the pool is just killing me!

Anonymous said...

Emily is one of my favs too...all of her books are great!