Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend Recap!

Happy Memorial Day!

Saturday my cousin Caitlin's mom came into town and we spent the afternoon decorating cookies! We decorated flower, heart, star, and high-heel shaped cookies! It was fun...I'm more creative than I thought! Ha!

YUM!

My favorite ones were the high-heel cookies...aren't they adorable?


Saturday evening I headed home to Houston for the rest of the weekend. My dad grilled hot dogs for Memorial Weekend!

This afternoon I met my good friend Kailee up at this new little shopping/eating area off of 249 called Vintage Park. We were going to eat this Italian restaurant but it was closed so we ended up eating at this place called Fish City Grill. We split nacho oysters for an appetizer and fish tacos!


I loved Vintage Park...it's pretty neat. It kinda reminds me of Market Street in The Woodlands. Here are some pictures we took by the fountains!



There is a cupcake boutique in Vintage Park called Treat that we went to after lunch. We ordered a White Velvet cupcake!


I just realized that this whole post was pretty much about food! Ha! Back to Jillian's 30 Day Shred tomorrow! 

I'm off to watch The Bachelorette with my cousin in about 45 minutes! I wonder what kind of drama will go down tonight?! I will be back tomorrow with my opinion!!!

Hope y'all had a great weekend too!! : )

15 comments:

Jordan said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I completely forgot about the bachelorette ... so glad you reminded me! :-)

RN Mama said...

I love the pictures by the fountain! You look great!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Those hot dogs look so good! I am really not a hog dog person but since I am pregnant and not supposed to eat them, I have been craving them like crazy! Ha!

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!!

Annie said...

cute pictures of you ladies!!
the hotdogs and cupcake look so yummy!!
i enjoyed hotdogs this weekend as well ;)
have a great week hun!

Rebekah said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! That cupcake looks so good!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I just started the Bachelorette!! Yay, laptop in hand and a happy camper!

Kelley said...

What a fun weekend! You guys find the best eat out places!

Lana said...

Love the cookies! You are so creative!! The black & white photos are very pretty!

E said...

Christa,
Ditto on the CUTE blog! :) Thanks for visiting me... Always glad to meet a fellow Bachelorette lover. Haha!

I'll definitely be back!
E

Anonymous said...

Those are such cute cookies! Thanks for being my first follower, hopefully I won't disappoint.

Juliana said...

How fun!!!!!! You look amazing too honey!

Tales from the Trails said...

Wow, Vintage Park has grown since we've been out there. We might have to check it out.

I watched the Bachelorette on Sunday but missed it last night. This season is very interesting already.

Cute pics by the fountain.

Vanessa said...

Mmmm all that food made me hungry!1 ESPECIALLY the cupcake! They are my fav!

Jessica said...

Great job on your Cookies!