Sunday, December 18, 2011

Trip to Smithville, Texas - Home of the Movie Hope Floats!

Today I met up with Kimberly, Cait, and Kristan in Smithville, Texas for lunch! We wanted to all get together before Kristan leaves for Australia! Kristan graduated yesterday from Texas A&M with a degree in Special Education! Congrats girl! She is going to go live with her dad for awhile while he is working out of the country. I know she is going to have a blast in Australia! I'm so glad we all got to get together! Smithville is a small little town just outside of Bastrop. It is also home of the movie HOPE FLOATS!



At the restaurant we ate at they had some different signs from the movie....

The Dance Hall

The photo shop where Sandra Bullock worked

The little Diner in the movie 

The Employment Office

Kimberly and I wanted to get a picture in front of the house from the movie.

We were kinda embarrassed since the owners of the house were outside. But they said we could take a picture! Cait and Kristan stayed in the car! Haha! : )





P.S. Miranda over at Little Sailor Designs is hosting a giveaway for a free blog design valued at $45! Click here to enter!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

It looks like you girls had a blast!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness that is awesome! I love that movie! & didn't even know those places were real! lol SO jealous =D

Lana said...

That's so neat! I love that movie!!

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Looks like you had fun. I want to visit there now!
www.rebeccabany.com