Monday, February 28, 2011

Fun in Kemah and Maegen's Cruise Ship Wedding!!!

This past weekend my good friend Maegen got married! Maegen and I have been friends since junior high. She married a guy named Jeff who she has dated for about seven years. She had her wedding on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in Galveston! My mom ended up going to the wedding with me and my dad just tagged along for the weekend! :) We stayed in Kemah Saturday night so we wouldn't have to wake up so early to head to Galveston. Kemah is a fun little town about 20 minutes from Galveston Beach.

Saturday night we went out to the boardwalk and had dinner. We were going to go to The Aquarium but it was sooo hot inside the restaurant I could not stand it. I have the worst hot flashes, ha! I have no idea what I'm going to do when I'm pregnant or 50!

We ended up eating at this Mexican restaurant that had a patio overlooking the water. Afterwards, we went to a bar that was down the street from the boardwalk. Here are some pics of our evening!






Sunday was the wedding. We were supposed to start checking in by 10:30 and the wedding would start at 1:00 However, since the fog was so bad that morning the ship wasn't even able to dock until about 11:00 a.m. They ended up pushing back her wedding by about two hours. She was SOO calm....I know I would have been freaking out! :)

Her wedding was very nice....she was supposed to get married in the chapel on the cruise ship but they were having some technical issues so her actually wedding to place at the same place as the reception. After the wedding, Maegen and Jeff sailed off on a seven day cruise to Jamaica/Cayman Islands!






Congrats to Maegen and Jeff! I was really tempted to just stay on the cruise ship and go on their honeymoon with them! : ) It was also killing me not to be able to play one of the slot machines on the ship, ha!


Hope you had a great weekend! I'm exhausted today...can't wait for Bachelor!

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is so fun! You look so cute. I love that turquoise top on you! I would love to go on another cruise. They're so fun!

Lana said...

I love the turquoise top! Where did you get it at? I haven't ever been on a cruise, but I bet they are fun!

Tales from the Trails said...

Love Kemah!!! I definitely need to go but I don't think we will anytime soon.

Love the turquoise top and earrings you have. Great color on you.

Amber said...

A cruise ship wedding...how fun! Looks like you had a great time :)!

Leslie said...

how fun!!! I would have been freaking out if my wedding had to be pushed back too! haha props to her for remaining calm!

Vanessa said...

What a fun idea! & wow, I don't think I'd be that clam with everything changing like that on my wedding day. Props to her!

Amanda said...

I was on THAT SHIP (Voyager of the Seas) that day deboarding from our cruise the week prior to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel! Stupid galveston port officials had closed the port due to fog the night prior....it had happened the weekend we had boarded (2/20) as well. I'll post pics on my blog of our cruise later this week. What a small world and coincidence!