Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Brennan's for Brunch!

This past Sunday after Kimberly's graduation party her dad took us out for brunch to this fancy restaurant in Houston called Brennan's - they serve New Orleans style food. On the way there I was praying that I wouldn't do anything embarrassing like chew with my mouth open or burp, ha! I'm not use to going to high class restaurants....we usually just go to the local Mexican restaurant down the street where it does not matter if you use you use your hand as your napkin or talk with a mouthful of food, ha! Kidding!

Well....we get there and do valet parking. Brennan's burnt down a couple years ago and they just rebuilt it. It is decorated very modern inside! One thing that impressed me is that whenever I got up to use the restroom (which was the nicest restroom I have ever been in) our waiter refolded my napkin for me! I have a thing for checkin' out the restrooms at different places....don't know why....just do. Do any of y'all like to do that too?


 For drinks we ordered Mimosa's! 

We had a full three course meal. For an appetizer I ordered Crispy "Mishos" Oyster "BLT"...very good! I was told it was very popular. For my main entree I ordered a delicious craw-fish dish. For dessert Kimberly and I had Banana's Foster - butter, brown sugar, and banana's cooked tableside over fire....then it's served with vanilla ice cream!

Kimberly's dad called ahead so they would know to write this on her dessert plate!

I felt wined and dined after we left! I told my parents they may have to take me there after my graduation! : ) 

Here are some pictures of us out in Brennan's Courtyard...

Kimberly and her dad

  I survived and didn't do anything embarrassing! Thank God!

After brunch at a nice four star restaurant guess what we had for dinner?! Jack in the Crack! Brennan's for Brunch then Jack in the Crack for dinner! Shows how CLASSY we are!

Have a great Wednesday!

P.S. Last night I posted pictures from Kimberly's actual graduation party.

13 comments:

Jordan said...

That sounds fun and delicious! :-)

ty said...

I'm now officially hungry. I want to go to Brennan's!

Michal Renee said...

Glad you had such a great lunch! Hope I get to check Brennan's out sometime. Miss you like crazy!

Kelley said...

I bet that was a great time! The food sounds delicious!

Tales from the Trails said...

I've never been to Brennan's but will definitely have to go now!!

Sounds like an experience.

Heather said...

I think I need to check out this restaurant!! It looks so pretty and yes I have a thing for checking out bathrooms, ha!! I love nice, clean ones!!

Lana said...

I love Banana's Foster....yummm! Sounds like that was a really nice restaurant!

Lori said...

I've heard of Brennan's but I've never been. Looks awesome!

Heather said...

Wow, you did get wined and dined! Sounds like a great restaurant!

KK said...

Christa, I love your dress. Super cute!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

I love a good Mimosa every once in a while! They are just so refreshing to me!

Laura and Ryan said...

I've been to Brennan's for a rehearsal dinner. It is nice there! I love the food!

I do love to check out the bathrooms. I always come back out saying, "you guys have to see the bathroom!" LOL

Glad you had fun!

Annie said...

sounds like a very classy fun place!!
too cute her dad called ahead to have that written on her plate!
cute pictures hun! :)