I have been spending most of my week hanging out by the pool - yes, I'm still job hunting too. I have an interview Friday...hopefully it goes well! I think my mom is a little jealous that I'm on summer vacation already. Ha! She works in the schools too as an educational diagnostician.
So who do you think is going to win American Idol? It's down to Crystal and Lee. I hope Lee wins! He has such great talent and is cute!
I'm terrible about developing pictures! I have tons of frames in my apartment but with no pictures in them.....or the picture in the frame is the picture that was in it when I bought it. Yesterday I decided to get some of my pictures printed!
Summer goal number one - CHECK! OK - I just noticed I have two of the same pictures on my leopard bulletin board thingy.
I have been working on building my classroom library. The other day I bought two new books - The Snowy Day and A Bad Case of Stripes. I did a lesson on The Snowy Day this semester with my 1st graders on transition words. And I just love the book A Bad Case of Stripes...have y'all read it before? Each month I'm going to purchase a few books so I will have plenty for when I start teaching.
My "real life" friend Kristan who guest blogged on my blog the other day has decided to start blogging again! I decided I would write her first post for her - go check out her blog here! Hope she keeps it up this time! :)
Texas Wildflowers
Happy Thursday!









9 comments:
Those books are so cute! I have the snowy day, and my kids at work loved it! I used to have the stripes one...but it might have ended up in another classroom. Also a cute one!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lee wins!
I'm already building my class library, too! Whenever you visit Target, look in the dollar section. Sometimes they'll have decent books there!
I'm really hoping Lee wins! I will definitely go check out your friend's blog, I'm sure it's super-cute just like yours!
Thanks, I just went to copyright my blog too!
On another note, I hope Lee wins too =)
You know that I love Lee!! <3 I totally hope he wins! All of the teachers in the lounge today were talking about having a "Lee Party" next week! Good luck on your job hunt. I hope you find something soon!
I did a lesson over Stripes last semester...LOVE it! I went to the Scholastic Warehouse sale today in Arlington. I bought 40 brand new books for $100!!!! It was awesome!! You should check out the website and see if there is a warehouse close to you!
I always used to hit up Half Priced Books in CS and you can find some good almost new books there. Also, you can find great book deals at Scholastic.com.
girl I have been steady buying books for the past couple of years! Bad case of the stripes is a favorite!!!
Post a Comment